The most popular comedy movies 2010 include remakes and original ideas, making the 2010 a fun year at the movies. Older comic stars, such as Betty White and Sigourney Weaver, join younger talent like Emma Stone and Zach Galifianakis to give 2010 some of the funniest movies in years.
- “Hot Tub Time Machine” John Cusack, Craig Robinson and Rob Corddry star in this movie about friends from the ‘80s who try to re-live their past in one of the most popular comedy movies of 2010. The three end up in a time machine that sends them back to re-live their greatest and worst moments.
- “Cop Out” Kevin Smith directs this spoof of the buddy cop comedies with Bruce Willis and Tracy Morgan as partners. One of the most popular comedy movies of 2010, this movie shows the two men as they try to stop a drug ring despite no one on the police force taking them seriously.
- “Death at a Funeral” In a remake of a 2007 British comedy, this version is one of the most popular comedy movies of 2010. Chris Rock stars in an almost precise remake where even the extorting midget is the same actor as the original. Danny Glover and Martin Lawrence co-star.
- “Dinner for Schmucks” A remake of the 1998 French film, “The Dinner Game,” this movie is one of the most popular comedy movies of 2010. Steve Carell and Paul Rudd star in this movie about a group of men who find “idiots” and invites them to dinner for their own amusement. Zach Galifianakis also stars.
- “The Other Guys” Will Ferrell re-teams with director Adam McKay for the pair’s fourth movie together. Ferrell is a desk jockey for the police force and finds himself teamed with a hot head in one of the most popular comedy movies of 2010. Dwayne Johnson and Sam Jackson co-star as the real action heroes of the film.
- “Our Family Wedding” Forest Whitaker and Carlos Mencia star in this comedy about race strife as the fathers’ children are getting married. It is one of the most popular comedy movies of 2010 and also features the star of “Ugly Betty,” America Ferrera.
- “Easy A” Emma Stone stars in this very smart and very funny movie. When Stone tries to make an excuse for spending the weekend with her friend’s family, rumors swirl that she lost her virginity. She takes advantage of the new popularity, but it has its downfalls.
- “The Back-Up Plan” Jennifer Lopez stars in this pregnancy comedy, one of the most popular comedy movies of 2010. When Zoe decides she will never find the man of her dreams, she decides to get artificially inseminated. Immediately after this, she meets a man and the two must get through her pregnancy together.
- “The Bounty Hunter” Jennifer Aniston plays a character who finds herself wanted by the police and her ex-husband, played by Gerard Butler, is sent to bring her in. One of the most popular comedy movies of 2010, the movie also features an appearance by the very funny Christine Baranski from TV’s “The Good Wife.”
- “You Again” Kristen Bell plays a girl who lived through a horrible high school life but finally becomes successful once she leaves home. In the movie, she returns home for her brother’s wedding to find things have not changed that much after all. Betty White makes a fun appearance as well.
You Again, Film Premiere, El Capitan Theatre, Hollywood, California. – Russ Einhorn / Splash News
But Bell admitted she wasn’t comfortable playing a sexy role.
She told UK newspaper the Daily Record: ‘At first I wasn’t comfortable with it at all. I think I can work the cute card realistically but I’ve never really worked the sexy card.
‘But I was surrounded by these beautiful women who had embraced their own sensuality and were like, ‘Push your boobs up and have some fun, because it’s empowering’.
‘So I loosened up. But it was scary. It’s not who I walk around as. I’m not that way in real life.’
The Blu-ray verison of You Again will come at you in 2.4:1 1080p video and 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio. It will be a combo pack release with the DVD included as well as the following bonus features:
- Following Fickman: On Set wtih the Director
- Ask the Cast
- Funny or Die – cast interview spoof
- 3 Deleted Scenes
- BD Exclusive: Blooper Dance Party
- BD Exclusive: 7 More Deleted Scenes
You Again on Blu-ray carries an SRP of $39.99.
By Ben Lyons, E! Entertainment Television
Kristen Bell sits down with Ben Lyons of E! Entertainment Television
This has been a pretty darn good year for Kristen Bell. We’ve seen her share the silver screen with her fiancé, actor Dax Shepard, in When In Rome; the legendary Betty White in You Again; and this month with none other than Cher in Burlesque. Not a bad year for the self-described “late bloomer” from Michigan, who graduated from NYU and went on to become a Hollywood star who manages to fuse sex symbol with funny girl next door.
Bell’s Board Game and Garden Time
Despite all of her success—including making the difficult transition from the small screen to top billing on the big one—all this girl wants to do is play Scrabble and garden. Seriously.
BEN LYONS: You’ve worked with some pretty amazing women this year, including Betty White and Cher. Tell us about that.
KRISTEN BELL: In 2010, my motto is “Icons only.” And great résumés. 2010 is also about “Show me your résumé.”
BL: Then how did I get this interview because I haven’t updated my résumé in a while! Seriously, how did working with those two legendary women happen?
KB: Honestly, dumb luck. I was signed on to You Again before anybody else—even before our director, Andy Fickman. As they started assembling the cast, I was getting more and more frightened I was going to get bumped, that they would kick me out. It’s so great to work with some really awesome women. It’s a nice change because the previous few years I had been working with mostly all men on Veronica Mars, Heroes, Forgetting Sarah Marshall—I feel like now my life is filled with estrogen, and I love it!
BL: Christina Aguilera plays the lead in Burlesque. Were you a big fan growing up?
KB: I was a huge fan. I didn’t have posters on my wall or anything—but, actually, the posters on my wall were really weird growing up. I had an Antonio Banderas poster, a Simon Rex poster and a JTT [Jonathan Taylor Thomas] poster. I mean, what a spectrum.
BL: Banderas? Really?
KB: Let me tell you what I realized later in life: I didn’t really have a thing for Antonio Banderas or his movies, and I’m sure he’s wonderful, but I was hitting a time in puberty when girls were putting posters up, and I felt really left out. I was a late bloomer, so I ripped out the first couple posters I could find, and it happened to be those three. Years later my friends called me out on it, and I had to admit I just wanted to be part of the club of girls with posters on their walls.
BL: Now, with Burlesque, you’re part of the musical club. Are you a fan of musical theater?
KB: Yes! I went to musical-theater school. Glee is my dream come true. I was trained operatically as a soprano when I was 12. I love music and like the fact that musicals are coming back.
BL: Would you consider doing Broadway?
KB: Absolutely! I’ve thought about it and even investigated it, and for me it’s always been about timing. Broadway shows require—even if you’re the biggest actor of all time—a 12-month commitment, and I’m not loving the idea of moving back to the East Coast right now. I’m settled here, but if the right show comes about—maybe in a limited run—I’d consider it. I’d actually love to bring more musical theater to LA.
BL: How do you pick and choose which projects to be a part of?
KB: To be totally honest with you, I’ve been in the right place at the right time. I’m no stranger to desperation. I have that actor thing where I feel like every role will be my last, and I can’t believe people actually hire me. It’s very romantic to have the notion that actors construct their careers and have all the options in the world, and they are cutting and pasting the perfect strategic résumé, but it’s not really the case. A lot of it is, “This movie is being made right now—do you want to try out?” So I’ve been lucky there have been things I fit into.
BL: Let’s get to the serious stuff—Scrabble. I know you’re a big player; what are your strengths and weaknesses?
KB: I’m great with the two-letter words. I know X-I; I know Z-A; I know Q-I. But once you memorize all the two-letter words, expand your horizons. Go for the three-letter Qs—Q-A-T, for example. Know what I’m saying? If I could memorize [all the three-letter words], I’d be unbeatable.
BL: Besides Scrabble and your career, what keeps you rooted in Los Angeles?
KB: LA is what you make of it. I crave a more suburban lifestyle, which is what I’ve made LA for me. I hike a lot, and I really like being outdoors. I like how eclectic the culture is here. The older you get, the more settled you feel. We live out of suitcases enough as actors; I don’t want to move to a new city every 12 months. I like to cook a lot and garden.
BL: I’ve heard about your famous garden.
KB: You did? Who told you about my garden? Well, my garden rules, so it doesn’t surprise me it’s being talked about on the streets.
BL: What’s in season right now?
KB: I planted Black Monukka grapes. I planted a blueberry bush that is not thriving right now. I planted peppers that are doing OK—green, lilac, red, yellow and Thai peppers, which are the spicy ones. I planted basil that has basically taken over my garden. I can’t give basil away. I show up places with bags of basil for people, and I still have too much of it.
At just 5ft 2in tall, Kristen Bell knows all too well the pluses and minuses of being petite. “It’s easy to fit into a Prius,” she says. “It’s also easy to fit on a plane, I don’t have knee problems and people are generally nicer to you.”
But on the other hand, her height poses problems when she’s out with her boyfriend, the 6ft actor Dax Shepard.
“It’s tough having pictures taken with him because he’s so tall,” Kristen, 30, smiles. “It’s difficult to get both our heads in!”
Kristen, who has a starring role in this week’s big release You Again, has been engaged to Dax for nearly a year but, she says, they have no plans to marry.
“I come from a very traditional household,” says Michigan-born Kristen. “For a while I thought a marriage certificate was important, but the older I get the more I see how little it means.”
She began dating Dax three years ago after a fiveyear romance with producer Kevin Mann ended, and she has firm ideas about the man in her life.
“I think one of the most important things you can do in your life is pair up with someone else,” Kristen says. “I think living alongside someone and sharing everything with them is just beautiful.”
In You Again, she plays Marni, a successful public relations executive who heads home for her older brother’s wedding only to discover he is marrying the mean girl who made her life hell at school.
Unlike Marni, Kristen has happy memories of those days.
“I really had a good time,” she recalls. “I went to a very small parochial school in Michigan where there wasn’t any bullying and it was just fun.
When a young woman realizes her brother is about to marry the girl who bullied her in high school, she sets out to expose the fiancée’s true colors.
So to celebrate the release of the movie and the tie between a mother and daughter we take a look at some of Hollywood’s best mother/daughter relationships.
– Goldie Hawn & Kate Hudson
Not only has Kate inherited her mother’s good looks, she has also inherited her talent. Both are A-List stars who have been Oscar and BAFTA nominated.
They are both Golden Globe winners too.
– Janet Leigh & Jamie Lee Curtis
Call them the ‘scream mother-daughter duos’. Both actresses are well-known for their roles in horror/thriller films.
Janet is most famous for Psycho and Jamie for the Halloween. Both are award-nominated actresses.
Jamie Lee Curtis plays Gail in You Again.
– Blythe Danner & Gwyneth Paltrow
Both are extremely talented actresses who have taken time from their careers to concentrate on raising their children.
They are both involved in environmental activism and promote green living.
– Kris Jenner & Kourtney, Kim & Khloe Kardashian
The Kardashians are famous for their reality show, Keepin’ Up With The Kardashians.
Mum Kris Jenner made it into the limelight by marrying first lawyer Robert Kardashian and then Olympic-medalist Bruce Jenner.
Her daughters Kourtney, Kim and Khloe are famous for their fashion line and for being socialites.
– Susan Sarandon & Eva Amurri
Susan is an Academy Award winning actress as well as a big activist for liberal causes. Her daughter, Eva, is an aspiring actress who has a bright future ahead of her.
Mother and daughter have appeared alongside each other in The Banger Sisters and an episode of Friends.
– Sharon & Kelly Osbourne
This mother-daughter pair share a love for rock-&-roll and for causing a ruckus. Mother Osbourne is famous for being the wife of Ozzy Osbourne and her own talk show.
Kelly has recently gotten back into the limelight in her participation on the US version of the show Dancing With The Stars.
– Jada Pinkett-Smith & Willow Smith
Jada Pinkett-Smith is the wife of actor Will Smith and an actress, producer and director, known for parts in The Matrix, Scream 2 and The Nutty Professor.
Her daughter Willow has only just celebrated her 10th birthday but has already featured in I Am Legend with her father and is in the process of becoming a bonafide pop star with her new single ‘Whip My Hair’ recently hitting the airwaves
– Jerry Hall & Elizabeth & Georgia May Jagger
Jerry Hall is best known for her modelling career and her long-term relationship with Mick Jagger.
From this relationship come Elizabeth and Georgia May. Both daughters are following in their mother’s footsteps in the fashion industry.
– Demi Moore & Rumer Willis
Demi Moore is known for her roles in ‘Ghost’ & ‘A Few Good Men’ and her healthy post-divorce relationship with Bruce Willis. Rumer is the result of this relationship.
Rumer has a recurring role in teen drama 90210 aand Mother and daughter have appeared together in Now & Then…
– Pearl & Daisy Lowe
Pearl Lowe is a singer turned fashion and textile designer. At one point she was signed with the modeling agency Agent Provocateur.
Her daughter Daisy has been modeling all her life. She has also been signed with Agent Provocateur. Mother and daughter share the same good looks.
You Again is released 12th November in the UK