The most popular comedy movies 2010 include remakes and original ideas, making the 2010 a fun year at the movies. Older comic stars, such as Betty White and Sigourney Weaver, join younger talent like Emma Stone and Zach Galifianakis to give 2010 some of the funniest movies in years.
- “Hot Tub Time Machine” John Cusack, Craig Robinson and Rob Corddry star in this movie about friends from the ‘80s who try to re-live their past in one of the most popular comedy movies of 2010. The three end up in a time machine that sends them back to re-live their greatest and worst moments.
- “Cop Out” Kevin Smith directs this spoof of the buddy cop comedies with Bruce Willis and Tracy Morgan as partners. One of the most popular comedy movies of 2010, this movie shows the two men as they try to stop a drug ring despite no one on the police force taking them seriously.
- “Death at a Funeral” In a remake of a 2007 British comedy, this version is one of the most popular comedy movies of 2010. Chris Rock stars in an almost precise remake where even the extorting midget is the same actor as the original. Danny Glover and Martin Lawrence co-star.
- “Dinner for Schmucks” A remake of the 1998 French film, “The Dinner Game,” this movie is one of the most popular comedy movies of 2010. Steve Carell and Paul Rudd star in this movie about a group of men who find “idiots” and invites them to dinner for their own amusement. Zach Galifianakis also stars.
- “The Other Guys” Will Ferrell re-teams with director Adam McKay for the pair’s fourth movie together. Ferrell is a desk jockey for the police force and finds himself teamed with a hot head in one of the most popular comedy movies of 2010. Dwayne Johnson and Sam Jackson co-star as the real action heroes of the film.
- “Our Family Wedding” Forest Whitaker and Carlos Mencia star in this comedy about race strife as the fathers’ children are getting married. It is one of the most popular comedy movies of 2010 and also features the star of “Ugly Betty,” America Ferrera.
- “Easy A” Emma Stone stars in this very smart and very funny movie. When Stone tries to make an excuse for spending the weekend with her friend’s family, rumors swirl that she lost her virginity. She takes advantage of the new popularity, but it has its downfalls.
- “The Back-Up Plan” Jennifer Lopez stars in this pregnancy comedy, one of the most popular comedy movies of 2010. When Zoe decides she will never find the man of her dreams, she decides to get artificially inseminated. Immediately after this, she meets a man and the two must get through her pregnancy together.
- “The Bounty Hunter” Jennifer Aniston plays a character who finds herself wanted by the police and her ex-husband, played by Gerard Butler, is sent to bring her in. One of the most popular comedy movies of 2010, the movie also features an appearance by the very funny Christine Baranski from TV’s “The Good Wife.”
- “You Again” Kristen Bell plays a girl who lived through a horrible high school life but finally becomes successful once she leaves home. In the movie, she returns home for her brother’s wedding to find things have not changed that much after all. Betty White makes a fun appearance as well.
The Blu-ray verison of You Again will come at you in 2.4:1 1080p video and 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio. It will be a combo pack release with the DVD included as well as the following bonus features:
- Following Fickman: On Set wtih the Director
- Ask the Cast
- Funny or Die – cast interview spoof
- 3 Deleted Scenes
- BD Exclusive: Blooper Dance Party
- BD Exclusive: 7 More Deleted Scenes
You Again on Blu-ray carries an SRP of $39.99.
At just 5ft 2in tall, Kristen Bell knows all too well the pluses and minuses of being petite. “It’s easy to fit into a Prius,” she says. “It’s also easy to fit on a plane, I don’t have knee problems and people are generally nicer to you.”
But on the other hand, her height poses problems when she’s out with her boyfriend, the 6ft actor Dax Shepard.
“It’s tough having pictures taken with him because he’s so tall,” Kristen, 30, smiles. “It’s difficult to get both our heads in!”
Kristen, who has a starring role in this week’s big release You Again, has been engaged to Dax for nearly a year but, she says, they have no plans to marry.
“I come from a very traditional household,” says Michigan-born Kristen. “For a while I thought a marriage certificate was important, but the older I get the more I see how little it means.”
She began dating Dax three years ago after a fiveyear romance with producer Kevin Mann ended, and she has firm ideas about the man in her life.
“I think one of the most important things you can do in your life is pair up with someone else,” Kristen says. “I think living alongside someone and sharing everything with them is just beautiful.”
In You Again, she plays Marni, a successful public relations executive who heads home for her older brother’s wedding only to discover he is marrying the mean girl who made her life hell at school.
Unlike Marni, Kristen has happy memories of those days.
“I really had a good time,” she recalls. “I went to a very small parochial school in Michigan where there wasn’t any bullying and it was just fun.
When a young woman realizes her brother is about to marry the girl who bullied her in high school, she sets out to expose the fiancée’s true colors.
So to celebrate the release of the movie and the tie between a mother and daughter we take a look at some of Hollywood’s best mother/daughter relationships.
– Goldie Hawn & Kate Hudson
Not only has Kate inherited her mother’s good looks, she has also inherited her talent. Both are A-List stars who have been Oscar and BAFTA nominated.
They are both Golden Globe winners too.
– Janet Leigh & Jamie Lee Curtis
Call them the ‘scream mother-daughter duos’. Both actresses are well-known for their roles in horror/thriller films.
Janet is most famous for Psycho and Jamie for the Halloween. Both are award-nominated actresses.
Jamie Lee Curtis plays Gail in You Again.
– Blythe Danner & Gwyneth Paltrow
Both are extremely talented actresses who have taken time from their careers to concentrate on raising their children.
They are both involved in environmental activism and promote green living.
– Kris Jenner & Kourtney, Kim & Khloe Kardashian
The Kardashians are famous for their reality show, Keepin’ Up With The Kardashians.
Mum Kris Jenner made it into the limelight by marrying first lawyer Robert Kardashian and then Olympic-medalist Bruce Jenner.
Her daughters Kourtney, Kim and Khloe are famous for their fashion line and for being socialites.
– Susan Sarandon & Eva Amurri
Susan is an Academy Award winning actress as well as a big activist for liberal causes. Her daughter, Eva, is an aspiring actress who has a bright future ahead of her.
Mother and daughter have appeared alongside each other in The Banger Sisters and an episode of Friends.
– Sharon & Kelly Osbourne
This mother-daughter pair share a love for rock-&-roll and for causing a ruckus. Mother Osbourne is famous for being the wife of Ozzy Osbourne and her own talk show.
Kelly has recently gotten back into the limelight in her participation on the US version of the show Dancing With The Stars.
– Jada Pinkett-Smith & Willow Smith
Jada Pinkett-Smith is the wife of actor Will Smith and an actress, producer and director, known for parts in The Matrix, Scream 2 and The Nutty Professor.
Her daughter Willow has only just celebrated her 10th birthday but has already featured in I Am Legend with her father and is in the process of becoming a bonafide pop star with her new single ‘Whip My Hair’ recently hitting the airwaves
– Jerry Hall & Elizabeth & Georgia May Jagger
Jerry Hall is best known for her modelling career and her long-term relationship with Mick Jagger.
From this relationship come Elizabeth and Georgia May. Both daughters are following in their mother’s footsteps in the fashion industry.
– Demi Moore & Rumer Willis
Demi Moore is known for her roles in ‘Ghost’ & ‘A Few Good Men’ and her healthy post-divorce relationship with Bruce Willis. Rumer is the result of this relationship.
Rumer has a recurring role in teen drama 90210 aand Mother and daughter have appeared together in Now & Then…
– Pearl & Daisy Lowe
Pearl Lowe is a singer turned fashion and textile designer. At one point she was signed with the modeling agency Agent Provocateur.
Her daughter Daisy has been modeling all her life. She has also been signed with Agent Provocateur. Mother and daughter share the same good looks.
You Again is released 12th November in the UK
The petite and charming Kristen Bell whom we interviewed for the movie, “You Again” revealed to us that she really enjoyed her high school days because she felt “I had no responsibilities.”
Kristen said, “I did a lot of theater in high school which I loved. Being on stage for me in high school was facing that fear of standing up on a stage and being judged by people. Obviously, I am still seeking an adrenalin rush today. I did have a really good time. I went to a very small parochial school in Michigan and there was no cliché bully. So a lot of people did get along well and high school is just fun because you did not have any responsibility.”
“You are just forming who you are as an adult,” she continued. “I am still close to my high school friends and I recently reread all my notes from high school because I just turned 30 and my best friend brought a bunch of notes to me that I had written her. They were just horrible notes on who we should date. I had notes like, ‘We should date Jim because he smells good’ or ‘We should date Rob because he’s got a car.’ I definitely was a late bloomer. I had not even had my first kiss by the time I was writing out who we should be marrying.”
Directed by Andy Fickman, “You Again” is about a young woman, Marni (Kristen), who discovers that her brother is about to marry Joanna (Odette Yustman), her high school rival. She sets out to expose the fiancee’s true colors and the plot thickens when Marni’s mother Gail (Jamie Lee Curtis) meets up with Joanna’s aunt Ramona (Sigourney Weaver) who was also former high school rivals.
Asked where she gets her positive energy, Kristen replied, “Green tea, my friend! I’m a caffeine junkie so I like my caffeination. I try to do it in a healthy way because I do read a lot about what’s good for me and green tea I’ve found is the best way to do it. I am also happier when I keep a positive attitude. If I let myself take on a negative attitude, it would be a very quick spiral downward and I would lock myself in my bedroom. So every morning when I wake up, I make a decision to not let things affect me and that I am going to stay positive regardless because that’s the choice I am making. I refuse to let things get to me because it’s a slippery slope.”